Love your heart this month by trying the following easy tips for a healthy heart:
- Eat fish at least twice per week.
- Eat a variety of foods, especially whole grains, lean meat, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, beans/legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat less nutrient poor foods, such as chips, candy, soda, crackers, salt, and cookies.
- Eat more of these foods (which may lower cholesterol): ground flaxseeds, oats, apples, fish oil supplements, soy, and garlic.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
- Manage stress.
- Avoid smoking.
What do you to do love your heart?